Friday, April 27, 2012

To anyone still checking this thing, Thanks. I have been incredibly busy as of late and my travels have been limited. I took a new job inspecting Nuclear Power Plants and for the first time in 29 years I have a solid income stream.

But don't worry I am still a dirtbag, I just spent a little less than a month living out of my rental minivan to maximize my per diem. I can't seem to break my mindset, why spend money on something frivolous like a motel or a sensible meal when I can use it to hit the road. I calculated it up and I spent less than 5 dollars a day. Although I did break down once and enjoyed some great company and sushi in the middle of nowhere. All in all, I would consider it a huge success.

My last job was spent in Southern New Jersey on the Delaware River a surprisingly beautiful place. Until last summer I thought The "Garden State" was a misnomer or just great marketing by New Jersey but driving around farmland with the windows down was pretty enjoyable.

The current plan is to purchase a used Dodge Sprinter (equipped with a 5 cylinder Mercedes Benz Diesel Engine) convert it into a makeshift camper and travel around the USA this summer fly fishing and surfing the Pacific NW hopefully including Vancouver Island.

I may create a new blog to document the design and build of the Sprinter and I will link to it from this site.

Dirtbag Taylor and Jess finally made it to Hawaii this season. We all made a pact to go when we lived in Big Sur but could never put it together. I was incredibly happy for them and jealous at the same time. They were slacking on the photos but maybe we can get some on here soon. Taylor continues to rub the waves he surfed in my face. 

Here are some songs I have been into lately:










No comments: